Saratoga Monument


The Saratoga Monument, located in the nearby village of Victory Mills, is reached by climbing to the top of Burgoyne Street; the highest hill in the area.  The Monument stands 154 and one-half feet tall and contains a staircase allowing visitors to view the site and surrounding areas.  It contains memorable large bronze plaques of stylized views of the Revolution. 

The Monument was built during the time period of 1877-1888 and dedicated in 1912.  Ellen Hardin Wallworth, a founder of the Daughters of the American Revolution, served as the only woman on the Board (unusual for its day).  Today the Monument is a part of Saratoga National Historical Park. Open May 1st to Labor Day.


 
Untitled Document